Friday, 24 May 2013
Be U (English Version)
First of All: Be yourself. Don`t change for anybody. Change just for your best because change is the first step for the evolution.
I keep looking at my own pictures and I can see how I have being changing with the past of the years not just in physical way but mentally too.
In accordance of Moda I remember that in spite of always want to follow the trend I always had my own style and I was never afraid of adventure. However I had always had something to work out within the framework of fashion.This thing is directly connected to a part of my body. This thing is my lovely curly hair.
This factor will be deeply discussed in my blog, because I believe that hair is part of our identity as this is placed just right on the top of our head, complementing and enhancing the beauty of the face. The acceptance of the hair, their roots, their origins are reflected in our personal acceptance. I`m not saying that if you keep your hair straightened you have no personality or you don`t accept yourseld as you are (maybe yes). Because free will give you the right to be as you wish, but you need to stop and think is it is really you who are taking your own decisions.
I never wanted to take my own hair first because I vaguely remembered how it was then I thought how I would deal with something that I do not know. It was always easier to go to a hair dresser once a month and straighten hair.
I went through several phases since smoothing brushes progressive, formalin to hair extensions and wigs and never seemed to be satisfied. There were always something to bother me and in the end what I can think is what really bothered me was the fact that I wasn`t being myself . Because what good if you are with the lovely hair straightened but you can not enjoy the rain? If you can not enjoy a beach without worrying about a thousand care. Not that you do not worry about your own hair, whem being natural or not, but there are many cons when your hair becomes dependent on something.
Another example is when we use of hair extensions. For more beautiful and slender; for more natural your hair extension seems if someone is looking at it you automatically think that the person realized that it is not your own hair. But more troublesome thing is that you are unable to leave your to caress your head. I can just say that it is not for me who loves an act of affection. And there are several other cons that are forgotten for the sake of female vanity.
But when I decided to shave my hair I started adhering to some props before assuming completely my own hair. I was very used to long hair. It would be a big shock is wasn`t that way.
Later when my hair grew a little I started to use hair extension, which was my last process until I take my own hair and start treating it.
Nowadays I use my own hair and I am much happier. Much more authentic. I`m much more myself.
I enjoyed every stage of my transformation, but taking care of my hair give me much more satisfactory results and see this is twhat motivates me to keep going.
I hope this first post can put you all to think a little about your freedom to be.
Be Yourself doesn`t matter how you are.
I want to dedicate this post to my sister Raianne Ramos who yesterday joined the curls with my help and my insistence and for all women who have free themselves and got free from the iron.
I end here today leaving some photos with my natural hair at some stages of its growth.
(obs: Check out for the pictures on the post before - Portuguese version)
Thanks and do not forget to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment